Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sommer and Kyle's Clearwater Wedding



















It's couples like Sommer and Kyle that make me love being a wedding planner. Sommer called me a few months ago in need of day-of-coordinating plus a little assistance on tying up loose ends and figuring out a few more details. By the time their wedding day came around, they made me feel like I was part of the family and were so appreciative and generous towards me.

Not only are they so kind, but they were also very laid back and positive when rain threatened to ruin their outdoor ceremony on the water. As Sommer and her ladies were made up by Darla Stafford and Julie at their hotel, we had to decide whether or not we would have to move their ceremony into the banquet room. Well, mother nature was on our side and the rain cleared just in time for Sommer and Kyle to be married on the deck overlooking beautiful Clearwater beach and the marina, with a touching and fun ceremony performed by Pastor Dean Ryder. It was a little chilly out there, but I think all the love warmed everyone up, as cheesy as that may sound.

This wedding came together with the help of some fabulous vendors. Delectables Catering provided delicious food, sleek linens, an ice sculpture, and a superb banquet staff. The beautiful, contemporary florals were created by Dana Dineen and her team. I enjoyed working with DJ and musician Wayne Delair for the first time, as well as Brad and Jennifer from Events Done Bright who made a clean slate into a pink paradise with lighting, lanterns, and gobos. I got to work with photographer Jason Angelini again, and we always have a great time doing weddings together. Sommer and Kyle booked him without even meeting him in person because they were so impressed with his portfolio. I saw him get tons of great shots and the couple gave him a lot of time, which is important, so I can't wait to post some of his professional photos when his wonderful wife and editor, Lucia, sends them to me.

Sommer and Kyle, you were a joy to work with and I wish you the best in your new life together. Thanks for everything and I hope you are having a fun and relaxing time in Mexico... drink a margarita for me, cheers! ;)
















1 comment:

Beth Carrick said...

Great Job Shawna!!! Everything looked gorgeous!! Congrats Sommer and Kyle!