Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cool Down for Cocktail Hour

I'm a self-proclaimed foodie and I have no shame admitting that one of my favorite parts of being a wedding planner is seeing all the interesting and amazing food. Recently I've been seeing more and more creative appetizers during the cocktail hour. The cocktail hour is definitely an opportunity to wow your guests and what most brides and grooms don't realize is that almost all venues and catering companies are willing to create custom food items for you.

Now that late spring is upon us, we are already feeling the upcoming summer heat. I think my car gauge said 91 degrees today or something crazy like that. In the spirit of humidity, I decided to show you some wonderful ways to cool off during your cocktail hour - these ideas are all from Martha Stewart. Don't forget, if you see something you like or have an idea that is not on their standard menu, just ask if your caterer will make it. Ahhh... I'm feeling less sweaty already.








































































































1. Mini-wedding cake shaped sorbet
2. Vodka in frozen fruit ice blocks
3. Bite-sized ice cream cones
4. Adult ice cream floats
5. Sangria jello squares

No comments: