Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Leisha + Chris = Love


Leisha and Chris are two high school math teachers who met at a county math teacher training, hence the equation titled post. :) I have to say this couple was one of the happiest I have worked for and planning with Leisha was such a pleasure, I miss it already. Leisha hired me a few months after their engagement because- although at first they thought they did not need a planner due to having a smaller size wedding- they quickly became overwhelmed and that's where I came in. Leisha completely put her trust in me and allowed me to choose all of her vendors, and of course it turned out to be a flawless wedding!
Both the ceremony and reception were held at the wonderful Island Way Grill in Clearwater. This is a fantastic venue with delicious food and great service and I was very happy to work with them again. They were filming a movie next door (the one about Winter the Dolphin with Morgan Freeman!!) but we had the entire restaurant to ourselves for their early Saturday wedding. Leisha's childhood pastor married them in a personal and intimate ceremony in front of about 40 guests with lots of laughter and a few tears. The ceremony music was performed by violinist Laurie Vodnoy-Wright and the guests really enjoyed her beautiful music. Her elegant bouquet and the florals were created by Lou at The Arrangement. The day ended up being a little chilly although beautiful, so after the ceremony finished we moved inside for the cocktail hour and then proceeded to their event room for the reception.
Doug Decker from Grant Hemond, one of our favorite dj's, provided the reception music and got a lot of people out on the dance floor for a day wedding! He did a great job as always. The beach themed wedding cake was made by the Publix on Island Estates and came out exactly as Leisha envisioned. She literally shrieked when I gave her a little glimpse of the room setup during cocktail hour which is an awesome feeling to know how happy my clients are. :)

Towards the end of the reception Leisha surprised her guests by changing into a sexy little white sequined dress that her mother bought for her as a gift a few days before the wedding. The guests also had another little surprise when dj Doug gave Chris the microphone so he could sing a little Garth Brooks karaoke style.

This was a fabulous wedding and I couldn't have enjoyed working with this couple more. I often get to know the family and friends when I do the smaller weddings and this was no different - the bride and groom's parents really treated me like part of the family and I appreciate all of their kindness. Thanks as well to their photographer, Abbey Saxton, for sharing the photos of the day and capturing some really special moments. Leisha's radiant smile is contagious in these photos and you can really see the happiness of the day.


No comments: