Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Vendor Spotlight - Jason Angelini

A few days ago one of our clients told us that she saw a vendor spotlight feature similar to ours on another wedding planner's website and sure enough it was true! Who would have ever thought I would start a trend with my little blog posts? Well here is our third installation of our vendor spotlights and there are several more to come so definitely stay tuned..

In Florida, especially west and central Florida, we are lucky to have a large pool of talented photographers; however, over and over again we find ourselves working with Jason Angelini. Our clients love him because not only is his photography fresh, fun, and beautiful, but his prices are affordable for the average couple, which is who we typically work with. To top it off, his personality is great and his wife, Lucia, is wonderful as well. So here is our vendor spotlight interview with one of our favorite photographers, Jason Angelini.















1. Company Name:

Jason Angelini Photography

2. Job Description:
I am a photographer who gets to share in some of the most important
moments in a person's life, from their wedding day to pregnancy to the
birth of a child and more. I get to capture all the memories you
don't want to forget.

3. How did you get started in the business?
I took photography classes throughout high school and college and
developed a portfolio. When I graduated from college I was able to
get a job with a national company which sent me around the country doing
portrait photography work for business and medical professionals. It
was fun, but I was gone for months at a time and missed my girlfriend
who was soon to be my fiance. After I asked my wife to marry me we
began talking about starting our own photography business focusing on
weddings. Just after we were married we moved to Florida and
officially began as Jason Angelini Photography.

4. Where is your favorite venue to shoot weddings?
Any venue in the snow or mountains! I bet you didn't expect that
answer from a Florida photographer who does lots of weddings on the
beach :) Florida has many terrific venues with beautiful places to
photograph and great staffs to work with, but I love to travel!

5. What is the craziest thing you have seen at a wedding?

What haven't I seen?! Naked people, people getting arrested, wedding
crashers, you name it! One of my favorite crazy moments was at a
wedding for a couple whose family friend was Jerry Springer. At the
end of the night, the guests wanted Jerry to give his "Final Thoughts"
and the crowd started loudly chanting, "Jer-ry, Jer-ry" over and over
until he came up to take the mic. He handled it with class and simply
said, "I hope you two never end up on my show."

6. How would you describe your style of photography?

This is a tricky question because people can use the same label for a
photography style and mean completely different things. Many people
use the term "photojournalist" but a true photojournalist does not
take any posed pictures or focus on any details. They do not have the
goal of making the bride and groom look good and do not want to
interact with the bride and groom or any wedding guests. In its pure
form, a photojournalist will just document what is happening around
them.

I think I have a contemporary approach that brings together different
styles of photography. I like to combine modern and classic, edgy and
romantic, fun and sexy. I can have just as much fun shooting a traditional
engagement session on the beach as I can one in an alleyway downtown.
Photography is an art form so I always try to get a feel from my
couples as to what their tastes and preferences are and I keep their
individual style in mind when I am photographing them.

7. What do you love about your job?

Would it be too cheesy to say everything? I work with couples who are
in love and I share in one of the most important days in their entire
lives. The moments and emotions I capture for them are going to be
what they pass on to their children and grandchildren to tell their
family history. I imagine the future generations of my couples
looking through a wedding album and getting to feel like they are
sharing in that wedding day as well. I love the couples I work with
and their families, I love being surrounded by love and happiness and
calling it work, and I love the significance of what I am creating.

It is also a blessing to be able to have a true family business. My
wife and I both devote ourselves to this business full time. Many
people don't realize how much my wife does since she is behind-the-
scenes, but it is awesome to have her as a partner in every aspect of
our lives including our photography business. And of course our sons
help us out by doing all of our blog updates for us :) We are blessed
to make a living doing what we love and to be able to do so together
as a family.














8. What advice do you have for b
rides and grooms when it comes to
choosing a photographer?
Pick me! Really though there is so much involved in choosing a
photographer. Photography is an art form so two people can look at
the same photographs and have completely different reactions. Be sure
you connect with the photographer's work and love what you see.
Experience is very important for wedding photographers who have to be
ready for anything and everything, so definitely hire a professional
who conducts him or herself as such. Look for quality and consistency
in the images and find a photographer whose personality fits with
yours since you will be spending your wedding day with him or her!
Visit Jason's website here!

No comments: