Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Got Vows?

We are not all professional writers, so if you are stressing about what you are going to say on your big day, this site has some beautiful vows that are religious, non-religious, traditional, non-traditional.. etc. And remember, you can always substitute some of your personal ideas into the framework of these vows. The site also has great readings so if you want to involve some family or friends in your ceremony, take a look. The website is www.myweddingvows.com.
Here are a few of my favorites...

I love you. You are my best friend.
Today I give myself to you in marriage.
I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you,
and to comfort
you in times of sorrow and struggle.
I promise to love you in good times and in bad,
when life seems easy and when it seems hard,
when our love is simple, and when it is an effort.
I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard
These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.


Here is a more traditional one..
On this special day, I give to you in the presence of God and all these witnesses
my promise to stay by your side,
in sickness and in health,
in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad.
I promise to love you without reservation,
comfort you in times of distress,

encourage you to achieve all of your goals,

laugh with you and cry with you,
grow with you in mind and spirit,
always be open and honest with you,

and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.


And here is an example of one of the nice poetry readings they have:

I cannot promi
se you a life of sunshine;
I cannot promise riches, wealth, or gold;

I cannot promise you an easy pathway

That leads away from change or growing old.

But I can promise all my
heart's devotion;
A smile to chase
away your tears of sorrow;
A love that's ever true and ever growing;

A hand to hold in yours through each tom
orrow.






Flashback photo from Rachelle and Tyrone's beautiful ceremony

No comments: